ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY STATEMENTThe Ben Nevis Distillery and Visitors' Centre is dedicated and committed to enhancing our environment, we strive continuously to reduce our impact on it. .
The philosophy of "reduce, reuse and recycle" is at the heart of our activities, as such we are focusing on the following areas.
- Energy consumption
- Waste reduction
- Sustainable land management
- Employee awareness
- Sustainable procurement
The following will underpin these objectives:
- Consistent monitoring of our energy consumption, to highlight potential and achieved reductions in energy consumed.
- To reduce the amount of waste we produce and that we send to landfill.
- To reduce the amount of packaging we handle each year and increase the percentage that is recyclable.
- To promote the environmental agenda to visitors,employees and guests, and ensure that all new staff are given an environmental induction on our terms and aims.
- Preserve and enhance the biodiversity, natural heritage and long term sustainability of our grounds.
- Continue to source produce for our shop and coffee shop from local communities and suppliers wherever possible.
- Continue to source products and services from suppliers who share and demonstrate our environmental ambitions.